Parents and family members are integral to the success of each child. Step-in autism Services of Alaska strives to include parents in all aspects of therapy from goal and objective development to treatment strategies and behavior management skills. Consistency of programming across settings is our ultimate aim. Our Clinical Director is available to train parents in the areas of behavior management and the application of discrete trial training with the intention that parents will also become part of the child’s therapy team.
- Maintain adequate communication, respond to requests for information, and submit required data in a timely manner;
- Provide materials and accommodations for the ABA program (e.g., therapy room, materials, reinforcers, etc.);
- Participate in recommended and applicable parent training and parent education as necessary for the success of the ABA program, and appropriately seek out information and training about Autism & ABA;
- Monitor and stay informed of child’s progress in the ABA program, data records, and anecdotal data to accurately convey this information to important stakeholders;
- Participate in parental goal(s) listed in the treatment plan;
- Follow recommended treatment plans, skill acquisition programs, or behavior reduction plans as written and advised.