Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Non-exempt, Full-Time (1 FTE), Reg. hours worked: Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wage rate range: $10-13 DOE
Step-In Autism Services of Alaska, L.L.C. offers quality Applied Behavior Analysis programming to clients in the Fairbanks and surrounding areas. Many of our clients are diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, however we offer services to a variety of individuals.
The Project Assistant shall be able to work successfully both independently and as a team player. The candidate must enjoy working with people, be dependable, and trustworthy. The Administrative Assistant will assist the Supervisor in running and managing the daily operations of the office.
Major Responsibilities of the Job:
- Answer calls and voicemail messages from and disseminate information to clients and business associates
- General administrative and clerical support including copying/faxing/mailing/scanning documents.
- Maintaining organized electronic and hard copy filing system, file room, storage areas, and general use areas.
- Ensure all forms (client timesheets, session summary forms, etc) are readily available for staff each week/day.
- Billing assistance to include printing of data, collecting signatures, ensuring all forms are completed and prepped for billing.
- Greet clients/parents as they arrive
- Assist in ensuring safe surrounding for clients and staff
- Create templates/forms/materials as needed for programming and special projects/events
- Utilize organizational software to include When to Work, Catalyst, and Accupoint.
- Compile and organize HR forms such as timesheets and certifications
- Compile needed items list and complete approved purchasing to include travel to stores as necessary
- Other day-to-day duties/tasks as assigned
- 1 year of front office experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid AK Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Pass TB Test
- Three Professional References
- Must have a passion for working with children
- Experience working in an environment with children
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance and client privacy practices a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Internet, and Email.
- Some basic accounting experience/knowledge preferred
- Ability to write, speak, and interact clearly and professionally.
- Ability to multi-task and easily accept re-prioritizing task
- Ability to attend to details
- Strong organizational Skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feels or operate standard office equipment; able quickly move arms, legs, head, and body out of harm’s way; must be able to see; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with staff, customers, the public, and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied or abusive individuals; comprehend and quickly respond to potentially unsafe situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those as employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Employees work indoors, temperate conditions. Work environment will frequently be loud with a lot of activity. Harmful situations may arise requiring Safety Care Training.
Step-In Autism Services of Alaska is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Version Date September 26, 2018